Established in 1983 Call us: (074) 9721753
  1. Home
  2. Accident Claims & Personal Injury

Accident Claims & Personal Injury

If you have suffered injuries as a result of an accident at work, on the road or elsewhere you may be entitled to compensation. Deciding whether to sue and who to sue for damages as a result of your accident requires expert advice and guidance.

  1. Were you owed a duty of care by the person responsible for the accident?
  2. Has that person failed to comply with their duty of care?
  3. Have you suffered actual loss or damage as a result of a breach of the duty of care?
  4. Is there a sufficiently close causal connection between that person’s conduct and your injury?

Many claims have to be brought to the Injuries Board in the first place before proceedings can be issued but we can assist you in completing the Injuries Board Application and advise you on any award made by the Injuries Board.

If the Injuries Board authorise proceedings we can prepare those proceedings on your behalf including a claim for general damages for pain and suffering and special damages for your actual losses and expenses incurred as a result of the accident.



Special Damages – actual loss and expense incurred as a result of the accident. If a loss of earnings claim is made or if a claim is made for nursing care which is likely to continue into the future then actuarial evidence will be required.

General Damages – damages for pain and suffering from the date of the accident up to the date of the court hearing and for future pain and suffering if the injury is ongoing.


The time limit for bringing an application for injuries is two years but a letter of claim should be served in writing within two months, otherwise the Court may draw inferences from the failure to serve that notice. Proceedings in respect of medical negligence (clinical negligence) have to be commenced within three years.

In accordance with the HSE advice on social distancing we wish to avoid person to person meetings as much as possible. It is often possible to advise over the phone or by email and you might therefore contact the office by phone or email in advance of making an appointment.


New Row
Donegal Town
Co. Donegal F94 AH28
TEL: 074 972 1753